Each Local Organizing Committee (LOC) that wishes to sanction an event with Indian Triathlon Federation (ITF) must submit/share all the required documents mentioned below for ITF to sanction
Agreeing to ITF Event MOU (60 days before the start date)
- The LOC shall sign and share the signed copy of the ITF Event MOU on or before 60 days before the start date of the event
Submission of maps and documents (45 days before the start date)
- Set of maps of each leg of the course and the transition area displaying TO’s position, safety personnel, aid stations and finish line.
- If the event takes place on public or private roads submitting a traffic management plan in mandatory.
- Lodging a risk management plan for the entire event.
- Contingency plan.
- If the event takes place in open water, water quality test report to be submitted.
- Event Insurance covering the participants, TO’s, Volunteers, etc.
- For the promotion of sport and support the event organiser, there shall be no financial transaction between the event organizer and the ITF.
Approval and Permissions (15 days before the start date)
LOC should share and discuss the event Risk Management Plan and seek support from:-
- Relevant Police force
- Relevant local government(s) and
- All other relevant authorities
Publishing Event Status
- Upon submission, ITF Technical committee will review and approve to list the event on the ITF calendar (Sanctioned)
- If any of the documents are pending, the ITF Technical committee will approve the event to be listed on the website but tagged as (Awaiting documents) and registration will not be opened.
Withdrawal of Sanction
- ITF may at any time, and at its absolute discretion, withdraw sanctioning for any reason or If the LOC does not provide all documentation required by the ITF
- The ITF will provide the LOC 14 days' notice in writing. The consequences of proceeding with an event after sanctioning approval has been withdrawn are:
a. The event is no longer endorsed by ITF and the event and its details will be removed from the ITF website/ calendar.
b. ITF Officials must remove themselves from the field of play and take no further part in the event